How to Apply
Applications for Honours 2021 will close in November 2021. Stay tuned for details.
Students from the following fields of study are encouraged to apply to do an Honours project at ARMI Biomedical Sciences:
- Medical Science
- Health Science
The next step is to contact the Group Leaders to discuss the project further.
Once you and your supervisor have agreed on a project:
- Your supervisor will need to fill out an ARMI Honours EOI undertaking to be your supervisor and stating the name of the project. This document appears on the right under the Resources heading.
- Prepare a copy of your transcript highlighting the subjects you wish to be considered for entry.
- Submit completed ARMI Honours EOI and transcript to the ARMI Honours Coordinator for approval.
- Complete the relevant faculty’s online application form.
BMS students: https://www.monash.edu/study/courses/find-a-course/2021/biomedical-science-m3702
Science students: https://www.monash.edu/study/courses/find-a-course/2021/science-s3701
Eligibility criteria for Honours
If you are a Bachelor of Science (BSc) student…
The completion of a Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) with at least distinction average (70 percent) in 24 points of level three units (or equivalent) in the intended honours discipline.
BSc students enrol through the Faculty of Science for BSc (Honours).
Application details can be found at:
BSc Honours Students must enrol for the following Regenerative medicine units:
- MIS4100 Regenerative medicine research project (36 points)
- MIS4200 Advanced studies in regenerative medicine (12 points).
If you are a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BMS) student…
Monash applicants: A distinction level average in 24 points at third year level, including at least 12 points in 3rd year BMS units.
Non-Monash applicants: Student must complete a degree comparable to the Bachelor of Biomedical Science offered by Monash University. The entire academic record will be considered with an emphasis on the year 3 unit outcomes. As a guide, a comparable program in a group of 8 University would need an average of at least 70% in the year 3 subjects.
BMS students must enrol directly through the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences for BMS (Honours).
An application form can be found at:
BMS Honours Students must enrol for the following units:
- BMS4100 Biomedical science research project
- BMS4200 Advanced studies in biomedical science.