ARMI fosters an environment where diversity and inclusion are the bedrock of our Institute.
We strive to create an inclusive, innovative and harmonious research environment which strengthens the Institute and enriches our research experience.
We celebrate diversity
- We respect and value cultural and linguistic diversity, all genders, gender identities, sexes and sexualities, people living with disability, ongoing medical or mental health conditions and those who are socially or economically disadvantaged
- We foster a safe community that celebrates diversity, uniqueness and respect for difference and recognise that diversity is key to innovation and excellence
We value inclusivity
- We seek to provide a culturally safe environment where students and staff of all backgrounds are respected and included
- We foster opportunities for mentoring and support of students and staff to work collaboratively to help everyone achieve their best
- We acknowledge the diverse experiences and contributions of our community through training, networks and active celebration
- We embrace new ideas or initiatives that foster diversity, inclusion and respect
- We measure, assess and strive to improve our efforts to provide a diverse and inclusive environment